Search This Blog

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Crochet Bucket Hats



A friend tasked me with crocheting a hat for her grand daughter.  She had a sample which was too small.  The first one came out large enough for an adult.  I didn't use a pattern.  For the other I used a cute Japanese pattern.

Pattern:  210-24 Summer Hat, by Pierrot (Gosyo Co., Ltd)  Free!
Yarn:  Plymouth Jeanne DK.  The red is aran.
Hook:  F and H
Half the fun is making different flowers.  I experimented with my Crazy Daisy Winder in the bottom left corner.  I'm not happy with the  centers.  There are some good you tubes that I will follow next time.  I ordered the new improved Han-ami flower loom made by clover, so some more hats are sure to follow.  These are so fast to make!  I just wish I had more colors of the Jeannee DK.  The aran is a bit thick.
Mods:  I wasn't sure how to the lace so I just winged it from the picture.

Totoro eyeglass holder filled out the mosaic :)

1 comment:

kbrow said...

These are really cute and summery!