Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Moosie has Landed!


Moosie by Jonathan Bosworth
9 inch Tulipwood Shaft
28 grams.
Love this tiny work of art.  The whorl diameter is 1.75 inch

I'm going to try some silk on it next.

Another long term knitting FO while knitting with blogless Sandy and Nanea at Aloha Yarns

Quiviut Cap
Pattern:  Free on Ravelry, Osmena by Jenn Jarvis from Nipperknits

The Qiviut is incredibly soft and silky.  Knitting on size 1 and size 2 needles goes very slowly.  I did Jeny's Incredible Stretchy Bind Off.  I got this luxury yarn in Alaska at the Anchorage museum a few years ago and finally found the right project for it.






Yesterday was No. 2 son's birthday.  I can't believe he is the big 30.  Back in the day, 30 was considered over the hill and the age after which a person could not be trusted.  How foolish I was back then...but at least I was invincible!

1 comment:

kbrow said...

Oooh, that Moosie is pretty! You inspire me to break out my red cedar Bossie and give it some love...

Osmena is a fabulous pattern, and the hat is beautiful. That quiviut is soooooo soft!