Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Totoro T Shirt For Marietta


I saw a little video on youtube on how to make a no sew jean skirt from a pant leg.  Mom gave up some gardening jeans.  I put elastic in the back half because I can sew.  Reminder to self to leave more space to thread the elastic!  I got some white T-shirts from Emily Rose Doll Clothes.  They are nicely made and I will have fun decorating them.  I'm sewing for a friend who has a tie dye business ( see the headband) and I am going to ask her to throw a couple in.

I hand carved the Totoro stamp and used acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium.  Lucky thing Marietta does not sweat, so I won't have to wash her clothes very often. The paint is heat set but why court danger.

I really want to make a bubble skirt when I find the right scrap of fabric.


No comments: