Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

FO. Code: Armonika Cowl and Top Down Reversible Beanie

Pattern:  Code: Armonika Cowl, by Rutast Design 
Yarn:  Kathmandu Aran Tweed,by Queensland Collection, Aran / 10 ply, 85% Merino, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere .  I used 4 balls colorway Sienna.
Needles:  Size 8
This came out about 48 inches long before the 3 needle bind-off.  I can wrap it around twice.  It is quite wide but scrunches up nicely.  I have not blocked it yet.    I love this yarn which is good since I have a lot of it!


I made the hat to match, and wrote it up.  If anyone would like to try it, be aware it has not been tested.  I call it Top Down Reversible Beanie.  I hope this link works.  It looks similar to some hats I've seen, but not exactly.  Unless noted, for each row, repeat the pattern stitches for the whole row. (google drive document updated 3/24/2016) 3/28/2016 updated line 16 to read: 

K f&b, P6.  PDF is updated

3/30/2016  A green hat, same yarn.  Modification, 4 inches of ribbing.  

 

After trying this on, I made that appointment with AC man.  It's supposed to be another killer summer.  Hopefully my sister up in the frigid north can use it next winter to go with her thrummed mittens

No comments: